Welcome! I’m Thomas Brunet and I’m a former literature teacher, now working as a Film & Game Composer, Sound Designer and Audio Programmer (Blueprint).
I also teach brazilian percussions and occasionally do localization work in French & English.
I’m working on two video games releasing in 2022:
- Guitars: Takamine TAN20C electro-acoustic, Gretsch G5210 electric, Fender acoustic & classical guitars
- Marshall JCM2000 Tube Amp
- Korg LP400 keyboard
- Drumkits: Yamaha DTX532k, Pearl Export with zildjian cymbals
- Percussions: Handmade Djembé, Djoliba Custom-made brazilian Repinique,
- Flutes: Schneider Tenor & Soprano recorder, handmade romanian Caval, handmade Tilinca, Clarke Tin Whistle, Chinese Bansuri
- Microphone array: Shure SM58s, Audio Tecnica AT2020, Beyerdynamics M81, Zoom H5
- Audio interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
- Monitoring: KRK Rokit 5 Gen4
- Mixing headphones: Beyerdynamics DT900 Pro X
- Closed-back headphones: Audiotecnica ATH-M50X
- Mixing sit/stand desk: customized Ikea Rodulf
- Softwares & plugins: Cockos Reaper, Altiverb, Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5, Komplete ultimate 11, UVI Ravenscroft 275 Piano, lots and lots of virtual instruments from Spitfire Audio, Orchestral Tools, Eduardo Tarilonte, ProjectSAM, UVI, U-He, Cinesamples, Strezov Sampling, 8Dio, Soundiron, Simple Samples…
I started out as a classical musician, playing percussion & drums in orchestras, and later learning the piano and guitar. I performed drums in various Rock, Jazz & Metal bands before learning orchestration and harmony at the Conservatoire.
I sing and play guitar and percussions in Baile De Vozes, a band dedicated to making people dance with traditionnal music from around the world.
I also play and teach percussions in a brazilian bateria called Los Batukeiros”
I want to hire you, what are your rates?
About that! I believe in good practices and custom-tailored prices. Making estimates without having basic information about your project is extremely hazardous and we should discuss it together so I can build a viable estimate based on your budget and your needs.
There are things that can drastically increase or decrease the price of custom music (I do not accept exposure as payment, nobody should. But here are a few things you can consider: The most efficient way to reduce the price is to accept that all intellectual rights and royalties should stay with the composer. That way, I can accept to get less money upfront and to be paid according to the commercial success of the project. You will of course keep the right to use the music in your game and promotional material. A reduced number of instruments or a limited number of revisions can also decrease the price.
We should discuss all the possibilities!
I want to know more about your project! Drop me a line through the CONTACT form on the right and we can chat about your project, no strings attached! For a better estimation, feel free to provide the following information:
- The type of game you’re developing and the engine you’re using
- The genre(s) of music you require
- The emotions you want your player to feel
- How interactive the music should be
- Any other information you think would be useful for me to understand your artistic vision and ideas regarding, but not limited to, music and sound
What if I don’t have the budget for custom music?
Do not despair! If you really are on a tight budget, I have fully-produced affordable music packs ready for licensing on the Unity Asset Store and Itch.io. Loopable, High-quality files, everything’s ready for integration in Unreal, Unity or any other engine or middleware, for a fraction of the price custom music represents.